To apply as a volunteer with Living in Liberty, please begin by clicking the button below to complete our online application or visit our thrift store Repurposed for the Thrifty Shopper in You to pick up a physical copy of the volunteer application. See the complete volunteer application process below.
Feel free to email our volunteer coordinator, Catherine Denny, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Our volunteer application process is as follows:
- Attend a volunteer training and info event. Find information about upcoming training events on our website’s events page. We welcome all to attend one of these training and info sessions--this can be done before you submit an application if you are just looking to learn more about the issue of human trafficking, hoping to learn more about Living in Liberty as an organization, or are not yet sure whether Living in Liberty is a good match for you. This event will provide helpful information and may help you discern which area of Living in Liberty would be the best fit for you as a volunteer opportunity. We host these training events on a monthly basis, so you can hopefully find an upcoming time and date that work for you. This is a one-time, required 2-hour session for all Living in Liberty volunteers, so we encourage you to attend at your earliest convenience.
- Complete the volunteer application. This can be done before or after attending a volunteer training & info event; however, attending will give you a better idea of how you might want to get involved before you fill out the application. For volunteering at our Repurposed thrift store, please complete level 1 of the volunteer application. For volunteering in any other capacity, please complete levels 1&2 of the volunteer application. Please click here to complete the application.
Complete PA criminal background check. This is free for volunteers! There are two easy ways to do this:
- Download, complete, and submit this form [download link for “background check info” form] to our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com
- Visit https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp to submit a new record check request, then download and submit the results to our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find directions for completing this quick and easy online check here [download link for “steps to completing your background check”] Please note that you must submit the results to us personally; the state does not mail a copy of the background check results once they have been processed, even though you may include our address in the background check request.
- Specific training. Each area of involvement will require additional training, and may require completion of additional application materials. Team-specific training will be conducted by your volunteer team leader after you have completed the other steps in this application process. Additional materials required for volunteering may include completing a TB test, submitting proof of driver’s license & insurance, or completing an additional questionnaire to help our team leaders get to know you better. Our volunteer coordinator will provide you with these as necessary.