Volunteer Opportunities with the Awareness and Prevention Team: If you are passionate about raising awareness and providing prevention information about human trafficking specifically sex trafficking, this is a great opportunity for you. Training as needed is provided.
Formal presentation opportunities:
- Assist in developing and delivering presentations on human trafficking (focusing on sex trafficking) awareness, identification, and prevention to a variety of groups
- Communicate the mission and activities of Living in Liberty
- Facilitate video screenings, group exercises, and group discussion
- Facilitate youth education and prevention curriculum to middle and high school aged students
Less formal opportunities including supportive roles:
- Schedule, coordinate, and staff educational booths and tabletop displays to provide information and answer questions
- Development and execution of Human Trafficking Awareness Month (January) activities and events
- Develop informational handout materials as well as identify and evaluate educational materials related to human trafficking available from other organizations. Order, monitor stock, and reorder as necessary.
- Monitor and gather information regarding human trafficking facts, laws, and statistics worldwide, within the US, and locally.
- Monitor, gather and summarize local cases, trends, and yearly reports from the National Human Trafficking Hotline, US State Department and the United Nations as well as other organizations.
- Coordinate social media communication
Seeking volunteers with the following qualifications:
- A commitment to respectfully and compassionately communicate the plight of survivors of human trafficking
- Strong knowledge base of human trafficking and associated dynamics (will provide opportunities to obtain this knowledge base)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members
- Self-starter, who applies individual initiative to get projects done
- For speaking roles:
- Public speaking and community engagement experience
- Group facilitation skills
- Experience teaching youth is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and use of audiovisual equipment
- Access to reliable transportation
- Availability during the day is highly desirable
- Successfully pass a criminal history and child abuse clearance for volunteers in the state of Pennsylvania
- Use Excel to track and log all activities performed for the Awareness and Prevention Team